Call for Papers: Blended Learning in the Liberal Arts Conference at Bryn Mawr College
The sixth annual Blended Learning in the Liberal Arts conference will be held Wednesday, May 17 – Thursday, May 18, 2017 at Bryn Mawr College. These conferences are a forum for faculty and staff to share resources, techniques, findings, and experiences related to blended learning.
Our definition of blended learning is quite broad, encompassing any combination of online and face-to-face instruction that supports close faculty-student interactions and high-impact, student-centered pedagogies, promotes life-long learning, or otherwise contributes to the goals and mission of a liberal arts education.
Although we are open to all topics related to blended learning in the liberal arts, we are particularly interested in workshop, presentation or poster proposals about the following:
- Open educational resources
- Using blended learning to reduce costs/increase access
- Student e-portfolios and other innovative ways of assessing student learning
- Methods for building and framing digital skills, particularly in relation to student or curricular goals
- Blended learning projects in a wider context — i.e., department, program, or college-level initiatives that look at blended learning beyond the boundaries of a single course
Please submit a 250-400-word proposal describing your project and its connections to blended learning. You will be asked to select the preferred format of your project, whether it be a presentation (20-minute panel talk), workshop (practical, interactive 80-minute session), or a poster.
Submit your proposal here. (You will need to create a free account in order to submit.)
The deadline for proposals is February 15, 2017.
Conference registration will open on March 15, 2017. Registration will be free for accepted speakers. Some funding may be available to offset travel costs for speakers.
For more information about the conference, please contact Jennifer Spohrer, Manager of Educational Technology Services, Bryn Mawr College, at email@example.com
Conference presentation options include panels, workshops, and a poster session.