Job Opportunity: Managing Director of the Price Lab for Digital Humanities at Penn
The School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) at the University of Pennsylvania seeks a leader with experience and vision to help launch a major new center for digital humanities research. The Price Lab for Digital Humanities will play a key role in fostering technologically advanced interdisciplinary scholarship and innovative curricular initiatives. The Managing Director will work closely with the Faculty Director and Executive Board to build and sustain an intellectual community and to make the best use of the new infrastructure and services represented by the Price Lab. We seek someone who will help to develop the center’s strategic goals as well as to achieve them. Reporting to the Faculty Director and the SAS Dean’s office, the Managing Director will have primary responsibility for day-to-day operations of the center and will be instrumental in developing its vision and raising its national profile as well as ensuring its smooth and effective operation.
Qualifications: A Master’s Degree or more and 5 years to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Ph.D., terminal Masters, combination M.L.S. and humanities M.A., or comparable educational background in the humanities, library sciences, or relevant field of the social sciences
* Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a prominent DH program or center
* Minimum of 4 years’ experience with project management for academic research, including digital research
* Demonstrated expertise in the use of digital tools and methods in humanities scholarship
* Experience in an administrative position with supervisory responsibilities
* Experience with budget management and oversight of financial operations
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational habits and ability to manage and prioritize diverse activities
* Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Posting for this job can be found at https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/12753